JoAB

JoAB

Louisiana Man

— feeling amazing
Louisiana Man - Lloyd Antypowich

This story takes place back when the west was being settled and land was sold so cheaply that it was almost being given away in order to get people to move west and farm the land. Unfortunately, the land that was being sold belonged to the Indians who were pretty angry about it and the white men living on their land. Tom Menzer travelled around much of the United States then into Canada with some friends making many friends along the way, especially with the Indians. Tom finally decided to settle down and married an Indian chief's daughter, Raven Feather.

This was a very well written novel that is uniquely set in the time period in question. Everything is vivid and extremely well laid out. Lloyd Antypowich creates a world that you can imagine yourself walking into though you probably wouldn't want to be in the fights between Indians and white men. I have great respect for authors who do their research before writing fictional work. This book is obviously well researched.

The characters in this novel were well put together and developed in a manner that makes them seem real and believable. I really appreciated how the heroine was able to stand on her own and work with Tom doing almost everything he did on the ranch, rather than being a meek woman. Tom was a very smart, kind man who dreamed of having his own ranch and working with horses. He befriended everyone he met.

Please note that I received a complementary copy of this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review. All in all this was an awesome trip back in time and a gripping escape from reality that I highly recommend.