JoAB

JoAB

Sons of Flame: Redemption

— feeling amazing
Sons of Flame MC - Redemption - Ashley Rhodes

I am so glad I received a complementary copy of this book in exchange for my honest review because I really like this MC story. It is so different from other MC books. It's not all about how bad the members are but more about the rough life Eli had and how he tries to make it better.

As a young rookie of the Sons of Flame motorcycle club, Eli went to do a deal with the leader of the club, Tex and a seasoned member of the club, Shank. It turned out to be a raid and Eli was left behind but the other two got away. Eli was sentenced to 3 years in jail. When he got out, he was not suppose to have anything to do with the MC but Tex wouldn't leave him alone.

Tess has been a probation officer for quite a while and always tries to help her clients fit into society so they don't go back to jail. She is Eli's probation officer and sees something different in him compared to her other parolees.

This is an emotional, suspenseful story that hooked me from the beginning. Ashley Rhodes’s gritty novel not only takes a look at the harsh realities of circumstance but also shows how love pops up at the most inopportune times, but when it’s right, its right.

Eli got sucked into the MC when he was young because it was an easy way for him to make some money. As his time there went on, the jobs he was asked to do got harder but he couldn't get out of the life. The writing makes you feel many different emotions like fear when Tex showed up and happiness when Eli and Tess started having feelings for each other.

The only thing that didn't sit right with me was the sex scene. It was very good but I felt like it was just plopped in there because there needed to be one. It happened very quickly with no lead up to it. I would have liked it to happen a little sooner.

I can't say it had a typical HEA ending but it was a happy ending.

This is the type of book where you'll want to clear some time and just sit and read it. You won't want to put it down.