JoAB

JoAB

When Murder Calls

— feeling confused
When Murder Calls (Harlequin Intrigue, No 153) - M.L. Gamble

When Murder Calls is a very suspenseful book introducing us to Megan who works for a company who does TV rating statistics while finishing her masters degree in communications. She hires Jack who keeps who he really is and why he wants the job a secret. A serial killer called the Grim Reaper is on the loose and kills Megan's boss, Gladys, among others. As the murders keep piling up, things get pretty tense for everyone. But, in the mean time, Megan and Jack start having feelings for each other.

I had no idea who the Grim Reaper was until the end. But throughout the story there are so many implications of who it was that I started to suspect everybody!

There were lots of twists and turns to this story which kept it interesting. The author kept some of the characters quite mysterious which is important because the bad guy had to be kept a secret but there was a character near the beginning of the book that I didn't understand if he was a good guy or not. Generally, there were too many questions about that character and what his roll REALLY was. I was also surprised at the lack of editing considering it was published by Harlequin.

I've read other books by Emelle Gamble and loved them so I expected to really like When Murder Calls too. But sadly, I found it lacking. Please remember that this is just my opinion of the book and I'm sure others enjoyed it much more than I did.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.