JoAB

JoAB

Mail Order Bride: Frontier Daughter

— feeling big smile
Mail Order Bride: Frontier Daughter (Clean and Wholesome Inspirational Romance) (Women's Fiction New Adult Wedding Frontier) - Angela K. West

I really enjoyed this was a quick historical romance. Tillie Montero was divorced which was almost unheard of in those days. Since they'd been married for 4 years and she hadn't produced a child, her husband declared her barren and divorced her. Tillie didn't expect any man to want a barren wife so thought she'd be a spinster for the rest of her life. She happened to see an ad for a mail order bride that was placed by Daniel Howell. He not only wanted a wife but most important to him was a mother to his 7 year old daughter who was very shy and didn't take to most people. Tillie wrote to Daniel and applied for the position. When Daniel wrote back he explained that his daughter would have to approve of the woman before he married her so he invited her out for a "trial".

This was a well written novella that was uniquely set in the time period. I liked the two adult characters, Tillie and Daniel, but not the little girl, Rosette. I understand that children can be shy but her shyness was over the top and ridiculously unrealistic.

I received a complementary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.