JoAB

JoAB

The Case of The Questionable Quadruptets

— feeling big smile
The Case of the Questionable Quadruplet (Safe Harbor Medical Mysteries) (Volume 1) - Jacqueline Diamond

Eric Darcy is an obstetrician who inherited his deceased father's patients. He met with one of the older ones, Malerie Abernathy. She had delivered triplets years before and had seen a woman on the street who looked exactly like of one of them - Dee Marie - who had died recently and might have been murdered. So she told Eric that she thought she had actually delivered quadruplets and one was taken from her. When Eric went home to check his father’s medical records on Malerie to see what was written, he discovered his house had been broken into. The records and some of his late wife, Lydia's, jewelry was gone. The next day Malerie was found dead in her swimming pool. Accidental drowning or murder?

This is a wonderfully written mystery with lots of twists and turns that kept me glued to the book. I loved that I had no idea who the murderer was throughout the story and was totally surprised when I found out. The characters are very easy to like. Eric is a very nice man who opened his house to his father-in-law and sister-in-law; letting them live there with him. I thought it was odd that a doctor would be trying to solve the murders but I realized that he thought he had a responsibility to the town and his patients to figure it out.

I have always loved Jacqueline Diamond's books so I was glad to be given a copy of her new mystery to review. If you like mysteries, you'll love this book.